Forge de Laguiole 12cm Full Handle Knife - Chiseled Bee & Spring, Sub Fossilised 5000 years old Oak. This Laguiole knife is entirely hand made in the village of Laguiole and features: Forged T12 steel blade and fully and chiseled dual metal liners. This piece also features the traditional shepherd cross found on most high-end traditional Laguiole cutlery and a hand-chiseled spring top and bee. Handmade in the village of Laguiole, France Forge de Laguiole knives are truly and by far of the highest quality offer in the market today. Additionally, each one of this masterpiece is fully handmade by the same craftsman to ensure pride in the completed piece.
Note: The Forge de Laguiole workshop is located in the village of Laguiole, France where the Laguiole knife was invented in the early 1800s. More about Laguiole knives' history here . Become a Laguiole knife expert by learning the facts here
Fact! Unlike most french Laguiole manufacturer Forge de Laguiole does not outsource any suppliers outside of France.
What's included: Knife - Gift Box - Gift Bag - Certificate from manufacturer
- Size: 12 cm / 4: 5/8 in (closed) 8. 5/8 in (open) - Weight: 3.2 oz
Blade: Forged T12
Liners: Forged T12
Spring & Bee: T12 steel - Produced exclusively for Forge de Laguiole, T12 steel combines durability, rust resistance and ease of sharpening. Although T12 will not rust it is not a stainless steel, it's a unique "hybrid" metal alloy. Forge de Laguiole's unique methods of forging, combined with tempering, give this knife a perfect cutting edge. The T12 steel comes from the Isere region of France. Beware....of manufacturers that are offering 12c27 Sandvik stainless steel and are using terms like "Forged in Laguiole " the blades of such knives are usually stamped from sheath metal. All Forge de Laguiole blades are forged from T12 steel rods. Stamping a blade reduce the cost of a knife's blade dramatically. More details about forging here .
Handle Material: Sub-fossilized 5000 old Oak unearthed in the Rhin valley, France
Please note: You will receive the actual knife pictured on this listing - What you see is what you get!
What is a Forged Bee? You can recognize a forged bee when you look just below it, where it meet the decorated spring. If you do not see any gaps it's a good sign that the bee and spring were forged from the same piece of metal. You can also recognize soldered bee by noticing a straight gap where the bee meets the spring. Many Laguiole knives from all makers and prices offer"soldered bees" models, most Laguiole knives found anywhere are solder bee models. The process of adding the bee to the spring by soldering it saves time and money, this is why the cost of soldered bee knives can be substantially less. Fact!: The original Laguiole knives had forged bees. What is a Chiseled bee & Spring model and why does it cost so much more than a standard forged bee? There are many reasons a Laguiole knife can cost a lot more than another model of similar size and material. The finish of the metal, the construction of the spring and bee and above all the chiseling of the spring and bee. Most Laguiole knives do not have a forged bee and much less have a hand chiseled spring top and bee. The art of chiseling a spring & bee is very time-consuming, sometimes over 2 hrs for a knife like the one on this listing. In addition to this, only the most skilled cutler/artist are used achieve this very complicated task. The birth of a hand chiseled forged bee pictured below.
- Forge de Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.Item will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of the *manufacturer. What is cover: Any product failure due to manufacturer defect. Issues like bent screw or blade will be repaired but are not covered by the manufacturer warranty.We offer free warranty support ( click here for details). Please contact us with any warranty claims, do not send an item to France directly as it may not be handled correctly. *Disclaimer: The above warranty is offered by the manufacturer, not Laguiole Imports. Laguiole Imports cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from a warranty claim.
- This Forge de Laguiole folding knife is made of T12 stainless steel, this type of metal does not require any maintenance. Please do not immerse your knife in water or place it in the dishwasher, doing so will be detrimental to the handle material and will void your warranty. Periodically place a couple drops of lubricant on the axle of all moving parts. We recommend the use of oil-free Sentry-Solutions-Tuf-Glide 1/4 oz Pen Applicator here.
Freaky Fast Shipping
*ORDERS ARE SHIPPED FREE IN ONE BUSINESS DAY OR LESS!
* Engraved Orders Included!
TODAY'S ORDERS WITH ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
TODAY'S ORDERS WITHOUT ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
* If today is a business day - All orders placed over the weekend ship on Monday.
Out the door = order is picked up by the carrier.
We offer FREE Priority Shipping on all orders over $39 (U.S. only).
In most cases, orders are delivered within 2 or 3 business days from ship date. International customers can expect to receive orders within 2 to 3 business days as well by selecting our FedEx International Priority option ($35 flat rate fee). Orders under $39 ship free via First Class mail and can take up to 5 business days to be delivered. Faster shipping options, such as overnight, are available during checkout.
Please visit our full shipping schedule page for more details.