Forge de Laguiole 12 cm Pocket Knife - Juniper Handle. This Laguiole knife is entirely hand made in the village of Laguiole and features: Forged T12 stainless blade, bolster and liners. This piece also feature the traditional shepherd cross found on most high-end traditional Laguiole cutlery and a decorated spring top and bee.Handmade in the village of Laguiole, France Forge de Laguiole knives are truly and by far of the highest quality offer in the market today. Additionally, each one of this master piece is fully handmade by the same craftsman to insure pride in the completed piece.
Note: The Forge de Laguiole workshop is located in the village of Laguiole, France where the Laguiole knife was invented in the early 1800s. More about Laguiole knives's history here . Become a Laguiole knife expert by learning the facts here
Fact! Unlike most french Laguiole manufacturer Forge de Laguiole does not outsource any suppliers outside of France.
What's included: Knife - Gift Box - Gift Bag - Certificate from manufacturer
Product SKU: 1212 IN GE BRI
- Size: 12 cm / 4: 5/8 in (closed) 21.7 cm / 8.5/8 in (open)
Weight: 3 oz - 84 g
Blade, Spring & Bee: Shiny Finish T12 steel. Produced exclusively for Forge de Laguiole, T12 steel combines durability, rust resistance and ease of sharpening. Forge de Laguiole's unique methods of forging, combined with tempering, give this cutter a perfect cutting edge. The T12 steel comes from the Isere region of France.
What is a Forged Bee? : You can recognize a forged bee when you look just below it, where it meet the decorated spring. If you do not see any gaps its a good sign that the bee and spring were forged from the same piece of metal. You can also recognize a soldered bee by noticing a straight gap where the bee meet the spring. Many Laguiole knives from all makers and prices offer "soldered"bees" models, most laguiole knives found anywhere are solder bee models. The process of adding the bee to the spring by soldering it saves time and money, this is why the cost of soldered bee knives can be substantially less. Fact!: The original Laguiole knives had forged bees.
- Handle Material: Juniper Please note: Actual handle color and pattern of the knife you receive may vary from stock photo.
Wood Origin: France
Liners & Bolsters: Shiny Finish T12 steel
Product SKU: 1212 IN GE BRI
- Forge de Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.Item will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of the *manufacturer. What is cover:Any product failure due to manufacturer defect. Issues like bent screw or blade will be repaired but are not cover by the manufacturer warranty.We offer free warranty support ( click here for details). Please contact us with any warranty claims, do not send item to France directly as it may not be handled correctly. * Disclaimer: The above warranty is offered by the manufacturer not Laguiole Imports. Laguiole Imports cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from a warranty claim.
- This Forge de Laguiole folding knives is made of T12 stainless steel, this type of metal does not require any maintenance. Please do not immerse your knife in water or place it in the dishwasher, doing so will be detrimental to the handle material and will void your warranty. Periodically place a couple drops of lubricant on the axle of all moving parts. We recommend the use of oil free Sentry-Solutions-Tuf-Glide 1/4 oz Pen Applicator here.
- Below is the approximate blade location areas. Please take a look at our engraving portfolio here to see past examples of engravings .
Below are the fonts available. Please keep in mind that most cursive fonts do not look good in "all caps". If you desire all caps engraving please select a block font such as Roman, Century or Garamond. Click on a font's name to see the alphabet.
Most personalized orders leave same or next day depending on order time. However, please allow up to 2 business days during the couple of weeks preceding Christmas and Father's day. If you need reassurance please call us at 860-245-2211 between 9am & 5pm EST Monday through Friday and we will be able to provide you with a more accurate turnaround based on your particular needs. Please keep in mind that our engravers do not work Saturdays and Sundays EXCEPT during the 2 weeks preceding Christmas and Father's Day. Please visit our " Shipping Schedule" page if you are planning on using one of our EXPRESS shipping options.
Engraved items cannot be returned unless we made an obvious mistake such as location, font or spelling. Location areas are "approximate." Our engravers will place engravings in the most "tasteful & appropriate" way. Please let us know if you have special requests regarding the order of words, size etc. by calling us at 1-860-245-2211. We cannot accept returns on items that were not engraved the way you "assumed" they would be unless you provided us with specific & comprehensive instructions that we did not follow.
| Please review your engraving's spelling before checkout.Although we try to catch errors we cannot be held responsible for spelling mistakes, typos and incorrect location provided by customer. Thank you for your understanding.|