Forge de Laguiole Corkscrew with Thuya handle by Stephane Rambaud. This one of a kind sommelier corkscrew was entirely handcrafted by Master Cutler S. Rambaud in the village of Laguiole . This masterpiece features a hand forged rose pattern damascus blade; a fully chiseled bee, a chiseled boot lever and a 360° chiseled liner.
Note: Forge de Laguiole knives are truly and by far of the highest quality offer in the "Laguiole" market today. Please click on "Size & Construction" tab above for more details about this masterpiece. The Forge de Laguiole workshop is located in the village of Laguiole, France where the Laguiole knife first appeared in the early 1800s. More about Laguiole knives's history here . Become a Laguiole knife expert by learning the facts here
Fact! Unlike most french Laguiole manufacturer Forge de Laguiole does not outsource any suppliers outside of France.
What's included: Corkscrew - Gift Box - Gift Bag - Forge de Laguiole Certificate - Stephane Rambaud Signed Certificate - FREE FULLY INSURED DOMESTIC FEDEX OVERNIGHT SHIPPING to BILLING ADDRESS ( U.S. ONLY ) INCLUDED.
Product SKU: RD SOMX IN TH BRI DAMAS
- Size: All Forge de Laguiole corkscrews have the same specifications. Overall length closed is 4.3/4 in / 12 cm. Weight: ~3.7oz - ~ 104 g
BLADE: Hand forged rose pattern Damascus REAR BOLSTER: Hand forged Damascus SPRING, BEE LINERS: One piece forged bee made of mirror polished T12 steel. Produced exclusively for Forge de Laguiole, T12 steel combines durability, rust resistance and ease of sharpening. Forge de Laguiole's unique methods of forging, combined with tempering, give this knife a perfect cutting edge. The T12 steel comes from the Isere region of France. Beware.... of manufactures that are offering 12c27 Sandvik stainless steel and are using terms like "Forged in Laguiole" (or wherever they want you to believe they are). 12c27 stainless steel is a great metal but the blades of such knives are mass produced / stamped from sheath metal rolls. All Forge de Laguiole knife blades are made of forged T12 steel. Stamping a blade can reduce the cost of a knife dramatically.
Handle Material: Burled Thuya - Please note: You will receive the actual corkscrew presented on the photos. The wood used was harvested in Morocco.
Spring Construction: Hand carved stainless spring is signed (carved) on the reverse side by S. Rambaud (see photos).
Liners: Chiseled top and bottom. T12 steel
Blade / foil cutter: Hand forged rose pattern Damascus
The Bee: Mr. Rambaud's unique bee can only be found on knives that he crafted. Please note that all intricately created designs found on this knife were entirely handcrafted from a single piece of solid of T12 steel. What is a Forged Bee? You can recognize a forged bee when you look just below it, where it meet the decorated spring. If you do not see any gaps its a good sign that the bee and spring were forged from the same piece of metal. You can also recognize a soldered bee by noticing a straight gap where the bee meet the spring. Many Laguiole knives from all makers and prices offer"soldered bees" models, most laguiole knives found anywhere are solder bee models. The process of adding the bee to the spring by soldering it saves time and money, this is why the cost of soldered bee knives can be substantially less. Fact!: The original Laguiole knives had forged bees. What is a Chiseled bee & Spring model and why does it cost so much more then a standard forged bee? There are many reasons a Laguiole knife can cost a lot more then an other model of similar size and material. The finish of the metal, the construction of the spring and bee and above all the chiseling of the spring and bee. Most Laguiole knives do not have a forged bee and much less have a hand chiseled spring top and bee. The art of chiseling a spring & bee is very time consuming, sometime over 2 hrs for a knife like the one on this listing. In addition to this only the most skilled cutler / artist are used achieve this very complicated task. The birth of a hand chiseled forged bee pictured below.
- Forge de Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.Item will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of the *manufacturer. What is cover: Any product failure due to manufacturer defect. Issues like bent screw or blade will be repaired but are not cover by the manufacturer warranty.We offer free warranty support ( click here for details). Please contact us with any warranty claims, do not send item to France directly as it may not be handled correctly. *Disclaimer: The above warranty is offered by the manufacturer not Laguiole Imports. Laguiole Imports cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from a warranty claim.
- This Forge de Laguiole corkscrew is made of T12 steel, this type of metal does not require any maintenance. Please do not immerse your corkscrew in water or place it in the dishwasher, doing so will be detrimental to the handle material and will void your warranty. Periodically place a couple drops of lubricant on the axle of all moving parts. We recommend the use of oil free Sentry-Solutions-Tuf-Glide 1/4 oz Pen Applicator here.
- We do not engrave knives from this collection ( Sorry, no exceptions ).
Freaky Fast Shipping
*ORDERS ARE SHIPPED FREE IN ONE BUSINESS DAY OR LESS!
* Engraved Orders Included!
TODAY'S ORDERS WITH ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
TODAY'S ORDERS WITHOUT ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
* If today is a business day - All orders placed over the weekend ship on Monday.
Out the door = order is picked up by the carrier.
We offer FREE Priority Shipping on all orders over $39 (U.S. only).
In most cases, orders are delivered within 2 or 3 business days from ship date. International customers can expect to receive orders within 2 to 3 business days as well by selecting our FedEx International Priority option ($35 flat rate fee). Orders under $39 ship free via First Class mail and can take up to 5 business days to be delivered. Faster shipping options, such as overnight, are available during checkout.
Please visit our full shipping schedule page for more details.