Forge de Laguiole 13cm with 5000 years old sub-fossilised black oak full handle. This one of a kind Laguiole folding knife was entirely handcrafted by Master Cutler VIRGILIO MUÑOZ CABALLERO in the village of Laguiole. Forge de Laguiole knives are truly and by far of the highest quality offer in the market today. Please click on " Size & Construction " tab above for more details about this Forge de Laguiole masterpiece.
Note: The Forge de Laguiole workshop is located in the village of Laguiole, France where the Laguiole knife was invented in the early 1800s. More about Laguiole knives's history here . Become a Laguiole knife expert by learning the facts here
Fact! Unlike most french Laguiole manufacturer Forge de Laguiole does not outsource any suppliers outside of France.
What's included: Knife - Gift Box - Gift Bag - Forge de Laguiole Certificate - VIRGILIO MUÑOZ CABALLERO Signed Certificate - FREE FULLY INSURED DOMESTIC FEDEX OVERNIGHT SHIPPING to BILLING ADDRESS ( U.S. ONLY ) INCLUDED.
Product SKU: 1113 F IN CHFC DP OAK
- Size: 13 cm / 5 1/8 in (closed) 23.7 cm / 9.5/16 in (open)- Weight: 3.4oz - ~ 96.4 grams
All metal parts: T12. Produced exclusively for Forge de Laguiole, T12 steel combines durability, rust resistance and ease of sharpening. Forge de Laguiole's unique methods of forging, combined with tempering, give this knife a perfect cutting edge. The T12 steel comes from the Isí_í‰re region of France. Beware.... of manufactures that are offering 12c27 Sandvik stainless steel and are using terms like "Forged in Laguiole " (or wherever they want you to believe they are). 12c27 stainless steel is a great metal but it cannot be forged, the blades of such knives are mass produced / stamped from sheath metal rolls. All Forge de Laguiole knife blades are made of forged T12 steel. Stamping a blade can reduce the cost of a knife dramatically.
Handle Material: 5,000+ year old sub fossilized trunk of an ancient giant oak - Please note: You will receive the actual knife presented on the photos.
Spring Construction: Flowers patterns hand carved stainless spring.
Liners: Dual liner per side made of T12 steel
Blade: Forged T12 steel
Handle: Full / no bolsters.
The Bee: Mr. Munoz love for dragonflies is once again beautifully represented with this exquisite piece of art. Please note that all intricately created designs found on this knife were entirely handcrafted from a single piece of solid of T12 steel. In other words, the dragonfly and the flowers spring are made of the same piece of T12 steel. What is a Forged Bee? You can recognize a forged bee when you look just below it, where it meet the decorated spring. If you do not see any gaps its a good sign that the bee and spring were forged from the same piece of metal. You can also recognize a soldered bee by noticing a straight gap where the bee meet the spring. Many Laguiole knives from all makers and prices offer"soldered bees" models, most laguiole knives found anywhere are solder bee models. The process of adding the bee to the spring by soldering it saves time and money, this is why the cost of soldered bee knives can be substantially less. Fact!: The original Laguiole knives had forged bees. What is a Chiseled bee & Spring model and why does it cost so much more then a standard forged bee? There are many reasons a Laguiole knife can cost a lot more then an other model of similar size and material. The finish of the metal, the construction of the spring and bee and above all the chiseling of the spring and bee. Most Laguiole knives do not have a forged bee and much less have a hand chiseled spring top and bee. The art of chiseling a spring & bee is very time consuming, sometime over 2 hrs for a knife like the one on this listing. In addition to this only the most skilled cutler / artist are used achieve this very complicated task. The birth of a hand chiseled forged bee pictured below.
- Forge de Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.Item will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of the *manufacturer. What is cover:Any product failure due to manufacturer defect. Issues like bent screw or blade will be repaired but are not cover by the manufacturer warranty.We offer free warranty support ( click here for details). Please contact us with any warranty claims, do not send item to France directly as it may not be handled correctly. *Disclaimer: The above warranty is offered by the manufacturer not Laguiole Imports. Laguiole Imports cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from a warranty claim.
- This Forge de Laguiole folding knives is made of T12 steel, this type of metal does not require any maintenance. Please do not immerse your knife in water or place it in the dishwasher, doing so will be detrimental to the handle material and will void your warranty. Periodically place a couple drops of lubricant on the axle of all moving parts. We recommend the use ofoil free Sentry-Solutions-Tuf-Glide 1/4 oz Pen Applicator here.
- We do not engrave knives from this collection ( Sorry, no exceptions ).
Freaky Fast Shipping
*ORDERS ARE SHIPPED FREE IN ONE BUSINESS DAY OR LESS!
* Engraved Orders Included!
TODAY'S ORDERS WITH ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
TODAY'S ORDERS WITHOUT ENGRAVINGS
SHIP & OUT THE DOOR *TODAY
* If today is a business day - All orders placed over the weekend ship on Monday.
Out the door = order is picked up by the carrier.
We offer FREE Priority Shipping on all orders over $39 (U.S. only).
In most cases, orders are delivered within 2 or 3 business days from ship date. International customers can expect to receive orders within 2 to 3 business days as well by selecting our FedEx International Priority option ($35 flat rate fee). Orders under $39 ship free via First Class mail and can take up to 5 business days to be delivered. Faster shipping options, such as overnight, are available during checkout.
Please visit our full shipping schedule page for more details.