1. How long will it take for my engraved Order to ship?
Most personalized orders leave same or next day depending on order time. However, please allow up to 2 business days during the couple of weeks preceding Christmas and Father's day. If you need reassurance please call us at 860-245-2211 between 9am & 5pm EST Monday through Friday and we will be able to provide you with a more accurate turnaround based on your particular needs. Please keep in mind that our engravers do not work Saturdays and Sundays EXCEPT during the 2 weeks preceding Christmas and Father's Day. Please visit our "Shipping Schedule" page if you are planning on using one of our EXPRESS shipping options.
2. Can I return my engraved knife or corkscrew?
Engraved items cannot be returned unless we made an obvious mistake such as location, font or spelling. Location areas are "approximate". Our engravers will place engravings in the most "tasteful & appropriate" way. Please let us know if you have special requests regarding the order of words, size etc... by calling us at 1-860-245-2211. We cannot accept returns on items that were not engraved the way you "assumed" they would be unless you provided us with specific written instructions that we did not follow. You may contact us at email@example.com at any time or simply call us at 860-245-2211 with questions.
Please review your engraving's spelling before checkout. Although we try to catch errors we cannot be held responsible for spelling mistakes, typos and incorrect location provided by customer. In addition, we would love to give you a quick call if we have questions regarding your engraving. Please provide us with a direct phone number to reach out to you if needs be. Thank you for your understanding.
3. How do I add an engraving to my Laguiole?
Each qualified item includes a dropdown located just above the "add to cart" button. Make your selection from each dropdown, enter your engraving text and click add to cart.
4. Can I engrave my Laguiole with an artwork or logo?
Yes, you can. Simply select the logo / artwork option from the first drop-down menu. Upload your artwork (or ours here) from your machine to our system (see drawing below). Regarding your provided art work: We do not engrave photos & hand drawn artworks. Additionally you must be the copyright owner or have written permission from the copyright owner or business of any provided logo or artwork. Provided artwork must be 600 dpi minimum. Please note that we strictly prohibit the resale/retail of branded knife without prior written authorization.
5. Do you provide artwork?
Yes, we provide many artworks for you to choose from (click here to view). Simply right click on the artwork of your choice to save it to your machine and upload it back to our system while placing your order (see Q&A #4)
Diamond engraving can only be performed on the blade. This engraving solution will be your best choice if you want to have a more classic and "discreet" engraving.
7. I need a large amount of personalized items for my employees, can I get a discount?
Yes, If you need more the 8 knives or corkscrews we can help! Simply complete our corporate application here and we will reach-out out to you.
8. What are the difference between "Initials" and Monograms"?A traditional 3-letter monogram has the initial of the individual's last name (surname) set larger and centered while the first name initial appears to the left of it and the middle name initial appears to the right of it. For example, if the individual's name is Mary Ann Jones, and Jones is the surname/last name, then the arrangement of letters would be "MJA" with the last name / surname initial set larger in the center, the M for Mary to the left and the A for Ann to the right.
Initial are simply 3 letters of the same size place in this order: First name, middle name, last name.
Available Fonts - Click on font to see alphabet